Amira Global’s 24 hour online ROAR (Remote Operations, Automation and Robotics) event, held late last year, covered many topics, identifying gaps and opportunities for research that will prepare the resources sector for Industry 6.0.
Several key themes emerged – including how do we, as an industry, accelerate advances in remote operations with emerging data avalanches and subsequent latency challenges? In the longer term, with increased sensor uptake across the mine value chain and a heightened need for multiple direct and reverse channels to support interoperability, we will need to explore the science and technology surrounding digital infrastructure that enables fluid and efficient mass interoperability and communications.
In other words, what is the invisible infrastructure that enables the introduction of change into your value chain?
In response, Amira has established the Invisible Infrastructure Futures Program which has the following broad themes.
- Data avalanche and the challenge of efficiency
- Interoperability, interconnectivity & communications
- Cyber resilience, sustained operational and business continuity.
- Human interfacing and global capability building
- Responsible development of communities
The Power of Positioning webinar series and workshop held late last year reiterated the importance of these themes. The following emerged:
- Data standards, integration and availability
- Communications infrastructure
- Cultural change
- De-risking of technology
To find out more please contact Anil Subramanya, GM Enabling Futures.