Projects Seeking Sponsorship
Environmental Dust Removal
Project Number: P1171C
Status: Seeking Expressions of Interest
Amira Project Manager: Gustavo Tapia
Fine dust particles (<10 microns) remain suspended in the air due to the fact that the sun’s radiation charges the surface of each particle, causing them to repel each other. These surface charges are very difficult to neutralise using current standard procedures. The aim of this Environmental Dust Removal project is to test whether radio microwaves can deliver sufficient energy to remove the charge from the particles allowing them to coagulate. Previous stages of the project have seen the development of pulsed wave radio technology by Quantum Matrix SpA, where it was successfully piloted to control and precipitate the dust produced in open and closed spaces in mining operations.
The Objectives of the next stage are:
- Contain and precipitate the particulate material generated by normal operation of blasting in the mine through the generation of an electromagnetic “dome” over a defined area
- Determine effects produced by the electromagnetic wave generated by the blasting and how much this may affect the operation of the suppression system
- Deliver an engineering package with all the details necessary to build the system and an operating manual.
The benefits from sponsoring this project include:
- Access to a non-invasive breakthrough technology to control and suppress the dust emissions from mining operations
- Understanding of any limitations of the technology at very high particle concentration and different wind speeds
- The technology has been shown to be easy to install, at very low capital and operating cost.