Projects Seeking Sponsorship
SBAS Precise Point Positioning Standards for Mining
Project Number: P1237
Status: Seeking Expressions of Interest
Amira Project Manager: Richard Macoun
Satellite-Based Augmentation System (SBAS) is a GPS augmentation technology which provides Precise Point Positioning (PPP) at a fraction of the cost of current high precision GPS. It will deliver operating benefits for current mines and new projects through improved safety, more efficient operation and increased net available time of capital equipment. Signals from SBAS have a number of advantages and can improve the accuracy of GPS from ± 5 to 10 m to within 10 cm.
The Australian & New Zealand Governments have agreed to partner to rollout the SBAS technology by 2023. This project seeks to create a data set that will be used to create standards that enable SBAS to be used by the mining industry from the beginning of the rollout. Developing and publishing standards is a way of ensuring vendors provide products and services that are fit for current and future use. The benefits from sponsoring this project include:
- Reduced collisions via enhanced Collision Avoidance System (CAS).
- Reduction in vehicle downtime.
- Improved haul truck efficiency.
- Enhanced exploratory survey efficiency.
- Enhanced shovel productivity through enhanced ore mapping.
- Improved plant operating efficiency through better material management.
- Reduction in environmental incidents.
- Improved loader and shovel availability through more timely location.
- Enhanced maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
Download the Preliminary Brief here
Submit your expression of interest here
Submitting an expression of interest does NOT imply any commitment to sponsor.