Oscar Vasquez | Solvay Interox
- Tailings repurposing that results in a step change in existing tailings volumes
- Step changes in the characterization, extraction and processing of material in the production of tailings volume
Title: Recycling and Repurposing of Tailings
Offering to sponsors:
The project offers tailings recycling solutions for reuse/repurposing in mineral processing.
The project uses Solvay Peroxides technology, such as Caros acid units and hydrogen peroxide dosing, to assist end-users in repurposing and recycling their tailings water for their processes. An example is the destruction of cyanide in an environmentally sustainable manner for gold processing streams. Furthermore, by controlling cyanide levels in recycled water recycled back to flotation plants, the end user can maximise gold recovery for sulphide concentrates. There is the added benefit of being able to treat and remove heavy metals in mine water or tailings water.
The technology has been commercially proven.
Benefit to industry:
- Removing toxic compounds i.e cyanide and heavy metals (As, Cu, Fe, Mn)
- Water savings through repurposing
- Destruction of cyanide in line with company or Cyanide Code targets.
- No residue which can pose a threat to the environment.
- Reuse of existing mine water resources removing the requirements for large volumes of new water stream.
- Removing the requirement for additional mine water/tailings water treatments processes which can be CAPEX/OPEX intensive.
Recordings of each submission are available to Members only. Please click on the link below to request access to the recordings and nomination form.