A critical element in translating and deploying new knowledge, technology, and capability rests on pathways from research and development, through innovation, testing, piloting, and upscaling.
Many great organisations have emerged to help the industry with these pathways. Amira is on a mission to connect and integrate the global network of innovation hubs, test facilities, pilot plants, and research centres so that our Members across the globe can have ready and immediate benefit from a co-ordinated approach on behalf on the mining industry.
Our ambition is again audacious, and it begins with solid action on our part when we establish alliances. This last year has seen Amira ramp up its efforts to build, nurture and activate our partnerships for mutual benefit. We have participated in shared events, made introductions between partners to foster their collaborations, and, where appropriate, brought our research projects and programs to the nexus of these interactions.
The Global Alliance can:
- facilitate technology transfer
- develop and strengthen pathways for scaling and commercialization of research and development outcomes through mining districts
- develop standards for new technology adoption
- develop global network of testing facilities to speed up scale up of new innovations
- provide knowledge about LATAM market and key connections.