P1344 Pan-African Decarbonisation Institute (PADI)
Project Number: P1344
Status: Open to sponsors
Project manager: Bright Foli
GM Africa: Tony Anyimadu
Be part of the leading development of Pan-African minerals sector talent and skills that can harness the decarbonisation opportunity
A self-sustaining pipeline of Pan-African research, operational, and technical leadership, talent, and skills in minerals decarbonisation from resource management through to product development and delivery
To create a virtual Pan-African institute of complementary and supplementary research, development and training that collaborates, connects, co-ordinates to co-create a pipeline of talented Africans that position Africa as a leading player in the decarbonisation value chain, and that transforms Africa’s energy sector by leveraging Africa’s new energy material resources and Africa’s research, development and training capability.
As the world seeks to meet decarbonise goals, demand for energy resources and products is forecast to increase 10-fold by 2030. Africa is blessed with abundant new energy resources (e.g. copper, cobalt, Rare Earth Elements (REEs) and graphite) that are critical all decarbonisation efforts. Beyond the resources there is the allied demand for talent and skills to harness the opportunity and to deliver to the scientific and engineering challenges and the leadership and community engagement required across the mine value chain and into the product development.
The world is short of skilled talent.
The Pan-African Decarbonisation Institute will provide leadership for Africa to participate meaningfully in the decarbonisation value chain. It will contribute industry focused research to the development of the whole value chain, transforming energy systems and sectors globally, and ensure economic return is maximised for Africa’s new energy resources.
The Institute will connect world class research capability with African industry needs to build knowledge, and develop processes and decarbonisation applications using Africa’s resources.
The Pan-African Decabonisation Institute will:
- Align and support development of complementary and supplementary research institutions across Africa
- Connect companies with African research and development to support development of regional decarbonisation knowledge, data, technologies, and capability
- Connect government agencies to develop aligned policies and regulations to spring board domestic and export growth in decarbonisation efforts
- Develop leadership skills and talent to support industry and agencies to work with communities in ensuring public trust and social license for decarbonisation mining, technologies, and industries
- Connect mineral resource operators, Mining Equipment Technology and Service providers, end users and build critical mass across Africa for decarbonisation industries
Bright Foli Program Manager & Tony Anyimadu GM Africa are available to address any and all queries you may have.