Optimal Pushback Design
Project Number: P1210
Status: Open to sponsors
Amira Program Manager: Olga Verezub
The aim of this project is to develop software that optimises designs for the operational constraints of connectivity, minimum bench width and appropriate angles between pushbacks.
Current market solutions provide blocky designs that have no practical mining considerations, require significant human intervention and reduces potential of some oreblocks for inclusion into the life of mine design and schedule. The software incorporates features to minimise each of the drawbacks of current mining design practice.
Benefits from sponsoring this project include:
- Exposure to a new methodology to design pushbacks in open pit mines
- Access to a new software tool to generate optimal semi-practical pushback design
- Insights to a novel approach to sequence complex mines that need to consider multiple mining and processing constraints
- Access to a software tool to generate optimal mineable sequences considering time dependent mining and processing constraints
- Deep insight into the open pit ramp and road design and haulage problem
- The first strategic software to design dynamic haulage networks for open pit mines
- Training in the use of software